Welcome graduates and families! Commencement is a great milestone in one’s life. It is a time where graduates, family members, and friends come together to celebrate the students of Three Rivers Community College, their dedication, and their successes. While it is a very exciting time, there is some necessary information to be aware of. On this page you can find more specific details about the ceremony. Congratulations to the graduates in the Class of 2018!
Date and Location
Commencement took place on Wednesday May 23, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. on the Green at Three Rivers Community College.
You’ll find over 160 photos of Commencement in our Flickr gallery, TRCC Commencement 2018.
Live Stream Videocast of Commencement 2018
Click here for our the video of our live stream broadcast of the ceremony.
The Bulletin – Gallery: Three Rivers Community College Commencement
Norwich Patch – 580 Degrees, Certificates Awarded At Three Rivers Commencement
Please visit our Commencement 2018 Speeches page to read the transcripts of the following:
Welcome: Mary Ellen Jukoski, Ed.D., President, Three Rivers Community College
Greetings from the Faculty: Michael Carta, M.S., Professor of Chemistry, Chair, Faculty Senate
Student Graduate Address: Natallia O. Romanenko, Valedictorian
Commencement Address and Greeting from the Connecticut Board of Regents: Matt Fleury, M.B.A., Chair of the Board of Regents for Higher Education, President/CEO, Connecticut Science center
Commencement Address Speaker
Matt Fleury, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Connecticut Science Center as well as Chair of the Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education, will be the keynote speaker at the College’s commencement ceremony. Fleury is the chair of the Board of Regents for Higher Education, which governs the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities (CSCU). Fleury was appointed in 2016 by Governor Malloy to serve as Board Chair, having been first appointed to the Board in 2011. Prior to being appointed Chair, he supported the Board’s mission as Chairman of the Finance & Infrastructure Committee. He currently chairs the Executive Committee and serves on presidential search committees.
There is no assigned seating, however the best seats will normally be taken first and quickly.
- There will be no rain date.
- If the weather is too inclement (thunder and lightning), Commencement will be moved indoors to the Multipurpose Room which can only accommodate students, faculty, and platform party members. All family and guests will be directed to others areas including classrooms and the Dining Hall to watch a live stream broadcast of the ceremony.
Directions and Parking
- Parking is free and can be found in multiple lots around the campus.
- Graduates will receive three parking passes with their cap and gown package (which will be distributed on Tuesday May 15, 2018 in room F117.)
Professional photos of the graduates will be taken by GradImages™ as students receive their diploma case and again after they exit the stage. Students will receive proofs from GradImages™ via email and these can also be viewed online at www.gradimages.com, however there is no obligation to purchase.
Personal photographs and videos may be taken only from seats or in the designated photo area to the left of the stage.
The entire commencement will be filmed by Three Rivers and live streamed on the Three Rivers Community College Facebook page. The video will also be posted here by June 1, 2018.
- Graduation is not automatic, students must apply.
- Actual diplomas for May graduates will be available around August 1. At Commencement, students will receive a diploma cover with information inside about diploma availability and when they will be notified by mail to pick up their diplomas.
Flowers will be available for purchase before the ceremony near the Clock Tower. All proceeds will support the Three Rivers Alumni Association.
Food and Drinks
Water be available for purchase near the Clock Tower from the Three Rivers Alumni Association. There will also be multiple food trucks located at the New London Turnpike end of the Green. These will include the following:
Do’s and Don’ts
- Photographs and videos may be taken only from seats or in the designated photo area to the left of the stage.
- Cell phones should be set to silent during the ceremony.
- Please remain in your seat until the end of the ceremony.