Welcome, graduates and families, to the fifty-fourth Annual Commencement Exercises! Commencement is a great milestone in one’s life. It is a time where graduates, family members, and friends come together to celebrate the students of Three Rivers Community College, their dedication, and their successes. While it is a very exciting time, there is some necessary information to be aware of. On this page you can find more specific details about the ceremony. Congratulations to the graduates in the Class of 2019!
Date and Location
Commencement will take place on Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. on the Green at Three Rivers Community College.
Commencement 2019 Live Stream
The ceremony starts at 1:30 on the video.
Commencement Address Speaker
Three Rivers Community College is pleased to announce that Frederick-Douglass Knowles II, Hartford Poet Laureate and associate professor at Three Rivers, will be the keynote speaker at the College’s fifty-fourth commencement ceremony, which will take place on Wednesday, May 22 at 5 p.m. outdoors on the campus green.
Frederick-Douglass Knowles II is a poet, educator and activist involved in community education. He is the inaugural Poet Laureate for the City of Hartford. In this role, he promotes awareness and appreciation of poetry, spoken word, and writing in Hartford; and endeavors to instill pride in the community.
There is no assigned seating, however the best seats will normally be taken first and quickly.
- There will be no rain date.
- If the weather is too inclement (thunder and lightning), Commencement will be moved indoors to the Multipurpose Room which can only accommodate students, faculty, and platform party members. All family and guests will be directed to others areas including classrooms and the Dining Hall to watch a live stream broadcast of the ceremony.
Directions and Parking
- Parking is free and can be found in multiple lots around the campus.
- Graduates will receive three parking passes with their cap and gown package (which will be distributed on Monday May 13, 2019 in room F-117 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
Professional photos of the graduates will be taken by GradImages™ as students receive their diploma case and again after they exit the stage. Students will receive proofs from GradImages™ via email and these can also be viewed online at www.gradimages.com, however there is no obligation to purchase.
Personal photographs and videos may be taken only from seats or in the designated photo area to the left of the stage.
The entire commencement will be filmed by Three Rivers and live streamed on the Three Rivers Community College Facebook page. The video will also be posted here by June 1, 2019.
- Graduation is not automatic, students must apply.
- Actual diplomas for May graduates will be available around August 1. At Commencement, students will receive a diploma cover with information inside about diploma availability and when they will be notified by mail to pick up their diplomas.
Flowers will be available for purchase before the ceremony near the Clock Tower. All proceeds will support the Three Rivers Alumni Association.
Food and Drinks
Water will be available for purchase near the Clock Tower from the Three Rivers Alumni Association. There will also be food trucks located at the New London Turnpike end of the Green.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Photographs and videos may be taken only from seats or in the designated photo area to the left of the stage.
- Cell phones should be set to silent during the ceremony.
- Please remain in your seat until the end of the ceremony.