ESL- English as a Second Language
Increase Your English Language Skills
Want to learn English or improve your English language skills? Then Three Rivers ESL courses are for you. Three Rivers Community College offers a sequence of three ESL courses that offer English language learners the opportunity to prepare for college-level coursework.
Here are the courses we have to offer:
- ESL K060: Writing with Oral Practice and Grammar I (4 Credits)
- ESL K061: Writing with Oral Practice and Grammar II (4 Credits)
- ESL K063: Writing with Oral Practice and Grammar III (4 Credits)
Placement into ESL classes is based on the results from the Reading Comprehension, Sentence Skills and Writing portions of the Accuplacer ESLPlacement Test. The placement test must be taken before meeting with an advisor. If an incoming ESL student tests below the minimum Accuplacer/LOEP levels for the placement into ESL 060, it may be necessary for a student to attend Adult Education English classes or begin our free TLC ESL course before attending Three Rivers Community College.
How to Get Started
- Come to the TRCC Welcome Center (Room A113, 1st floor, A Wing) to fill out an application. Or contact them at 860-215-9016, or at email@example.com.
- Make an appointment to take the placement test (plan to be here for about an hour.)
- Wait 2-3 days to be contacted by an advisor.
- The advisor will recommend which level to begin with and give you the class schedule.
- Organize work, family, and travel schedule so that you will not miss any classes.
- Purchase required textbooks before the first day of class.