Free Tuition! Deadline July 15
Free Community College this Fall!
Deadline – July 15
If you are starting college this fall as a first-time college student and will be attending full time, then you might be eligible for free tuition through PACT.
PACT is the Pledge to Advance Connecticut. It will allow eligible Connecticut residents to earn a degree or certificate from a community college without taking on debt. Starting with the Fall 2020 semester, PACT will provide financial support for full-time students who meet the qualifications. The program covers tuition and fees for 3 years or a maximum of 72 credits earned within those 3 years.
To qualify for the program, you must apply and register by July 15 for the fall semester and by November 15 for the spring semester.
There is a diverse community of students at TRCC and not everyone will qualify for PACT. If you do not qualify for PACT there are still multiple forms of assistance that students can receive such as financial aid and scholarships as well as support from the Three Rivers College Foundation.
To have your tuition and fees covered by the PACT program you must meet the following requirements:
- Live in the State of Connecticut
- Be a Connecticut high school, GED program, or home school program graduate
- Attend college for the first time (transfer & re-admission students do not qualify)
- Fill out FAFSA and accept all available financial aid each year
- Apply to Three Rivers Community College or another Connecticut Community College
- Register in a credit degree or certificate program by July 15 for the fall semester and by November 15 for the spring semester
- Attend community college full-time and remain a full-time student (12 credits or more) through graduation
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress to keep PACT funding
At this time, PACT does not cover the following:
- Students currently enrolled in a Connecticut Community College or other higher education institution
- Students who attended any higher education institution prior to Fall 2020
- Students enrolling part-time for Fall 2020 (taking less than 12 credits)
- Students that have previously earned a college degree
High school graduates who will be first-time college students must enroll and register as full-time students (12+ credits) in the Fall 2020 semester by July 15 and remain full-time through graduation. If you have earned college credit in high school through a dual enrollment program you still qualify for PACT. However, if you intend to earn college credit in the summer between high school graduation and Fall 2020, you will not be eligible.
PACT is not need-based, but it is required that all students apply for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) for every year that you attend TRCC, and you must meet satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible.
If you are disclosing a disability through TRCC Disability Services/Accommodations, you can qualify for PACT.
You must work with the disability coordinator and your academic advisor to determine the maximum number of credit hours feasible. Priority registration deadlines, July 15 for Fall and November 15 for Spring, must be adhered to.
Veterans can receive PACT funding and must adhere to enrollment and registration deadlines and student status information.
Documented military deployment may be considered (must re-enroll within four years of discharge).