Apply Outside Credits
Giving credit where it’s due
As part of our commitment to serving the community, we want you to be able to take advantage of all your academic-credit-worthy experience. We will help you navigate the placement testing process, including any exemptions you deserve, to ensure you receive appropriate academic credit.
Three Rivers students are able to apply credits from:
- other accredited colleges
- military experience (send your SMART transcript for evaluation)
- certain high school programs (when college credit was earned)
- Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Equivalencies
- certain workplace training programs (when college credit was earned)
- life experience through Assessment of Prior Learning (APL)
- CLEP and DSST testing
- other non-collegiate programs (ACE, PONSI, and others)
- Foreign College Credential Evaluation Services – A translation or statement of course by course evaluation by the following authorized service:
Center of Educational Documentation (CED)
World Education Services (WES)
When you enroll in a Three Rivers degree or certificate program, our registrar staff will work with you to make sure all valid college-level credits are applied.
Transfer Course Tool
To see how your previous courses might transfer in to Three Rivers please use our Transfer Course Tool. Please note that an official evaluation from our registrar’s office will be required to verify your credits.
You will need to send all applicable paperwork (official transcripts, test scores from the College Board, and military SMART records) to our Registrar’s Office. These items can be sent via USPS mail at the address below or be sent electronically to the Registrar’s Office at: email@example.com.
Registrar’s Office (ATTN: Transcripts)
Three Rivers Community College
574 New London Turnpike
Norwich, CT 06360