This program is being offered in partnership with QVCC
Being an effective supervisor means working with others to achieve a department’s goals and objectives. This workshop reviews a supervisor’s major responsibilities and shows them how to utilize their authority for the benefit of their staff and department.
Developing Supervisory Skills
• Transitioning to a supervisory role
• Establishing core competencies
• Supervising former co-workers
Bringing Out The Best In Your Staff
• Communicating w/ different personalities
• Motivating & coaching employees
• Using Emotional Intelligence
• Managing problem employees
Developing Leadership Skills
• Creating a “Team” environment
• Seeing yourselves as problem-solvers
• Developing a learning culture
Spring 2022 CRN#: TBD
- Instructor: Rockie Blunt, Ed.D.
- Instructional Method: LRON (Live Remote) – These classes are similar to traditional classes except they are fully online. You attend LRON classes at the scheduled times with your professor and classmates in a Zoom-like session. For more information about Instructional Methods, visit here.
- Date: TBD
- Time: TBD
- Instructional Method: Online, students will be sent a link
- Cost: $625.00
- Registration deadline: TBD
To register for this course, please visit our Workforce Registration Page. You’ll find directions on how to register, along with information about information sessions with Workforce advisors, funding sources for financing your tuition, refund policies, and more.
Please Note: A seat will not be held until all of your registration forms and payment are received.