NOFA Organic Lawn Care Certificate Course–Online Course
NOFA Organic Lawn Care Certificate Course (Online)
What is NOFA Organic Lawn Care?
This is an introductory course about healthier, organic methods of managing lawns and turf, intended for lawn care service providers, municipal workers, environmental educators, and others interested in organic lawn care.
This program is designed to inform participants how to reduce non-point source pollution in the Long Island Sound or their local water source by reducing or eliminating excess fertilizer and pesticide applications.
Students will receive instruction in nine (9) subject areas
- Surf and Turf-Making Environmental Connections Between Landscaping and Long Island Sound – presented by Judy Preston
- Soil Basics for Lawn Care – presented by Chip Osborne
- Introduction to Organic Land Care – presented by Chip Osborne
- Fertility and Turf grass Nutrition – presented by Chip Osborne
- Cultural Practices – presented by Tom Barry
- Pesticide Free Management on Athletic Fields and School Grounds – presented by Tom Barry
- Dealing with Pests in Turf – presented by Chip Osborne
- Profits with Organic Lawn Care – presented by Frank Crandall
- Marketing and Messaging – presented by Bernadette Giblin
Via pre-recorded lectures and power point presentations which discuss the environmental benefits of organic lawn care and provide technical horticultural instruction from Accredited Organic Land Care Professionals. This course is being administered by Three Rivers Community College and is offered on the Blackboard Learn platform which allows students to take the online course at their own pace.
Students completing the course will receive the NOFA Organic Lawn Care Certificate.
- A valid personal email address is required to register for this course
Fall 2018 – CRN# 33414
Instructor: Various Organic Lawn Care Professionals
Dates/Time: Online training: August 28, 2018 and ending December 31, 2018 (Drop into the course during this time frame. Course can be completed in 2 weeks or less).
How to Register
You can register by printing and returning the NOFA Registration form. Please note that a valid personal email address is required to register for this course. Please indicate this email address on the registration form. You can mail, scan and email, or fax back the registration form to us along with your payment. Once registered, you will be notified by email how to log on to our Blackboard system to access your class. Blackboard Learn is accessed through MyCommNet.
If you have any questions, please email us at NOFA@threerivers.edu or call us at (860) 215-9246.