Basic CAD – AUTOCAD
Looking to Add to Your Skills – Join Us this Summer
This course, with the included lab, exposes the student to the current means of generating graphic images with computers. Topics covered include:
- CAD* overview
- Computer terminology
- Hardware descriptions and requirements, file manipulation and management, 2D and 3D geometric construction, symbol library creation, dimensionng, scaling, sectioning, plotting, detail, and assembly drawings.
- This is a hybrid course with an online and classroom component.
Students will be using Blackboard Learn, an online learning management tool. Students will need to log in to CommNet prior to the first day of class to make sure they are able to access the course.
- Go to https://my.commnet.edu
- Enter your NetID using this format: your TRCC ID number without @ symbol Example:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your password.
FIRST TIME USERS
*click “need initial password,” follow prompts
*update emergency contact information
*set security question.
*create personalized password using security question.
Course: CRN #51122
Instructor: Meredith Metcalf
Dates: ONLINE ONLY
Days: June 3, 2020 – July 28, 2020
Cost: $600 (Book not included)
Please fax or mail this registration form to Workforce & Community Education.
- Provide proof of High School Diploma
- Sign up at www.timecenter.com/trcc to take Accuplacer Exam for MATH only. Potential students need to place at K172 College Level Algebra to take this course.
Some typical Occupations using Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
- Drafting (CAD)
- Architectural Drafter
- Electrical Drafter
- Civil Drafter
- Structural Drafter
- Tool Design Drafter
- Mechanical Drafter
- HVAC Drafter
- Plumbing Drafter
- And many other areas.
SNAP and WIOA Eligible
SNAP-eligible recipients – Please note this is not an enrichment program. The outcome of this training is employment. Please note that employment may directly impact your disability benefits.
WIOA is a voluntary work program. Participants must be able to work upon completion of the program.