New $2,020 Scholarships for Students Graduating May 2021 and in 2020
For the first time, Connecticut Community College students who will be graduating this May and plan to attend one of the CSCU universities are eligible to apply for one of three $2,020 from the new Students First Scholarship Fund. This fund was created by the CSCU Foundation and the CSCU Board of Regents in honor of retired President Mark E. Ojakian and his dedication towards placing the needs of students first with the state’s public colleges and universities.
The scholarship will be awarded during the month of May to eligible applicants. The monies can be applied to tuition, fees, tutoring services, textbooks, laptops, tablets and supplies specifically outlined in a syllabus.
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria and apply by Friday, March 12, 2021:
- Be in their final semester at one of the Connecticut Community Colleges OR have graduated from a Connecticut Community College system within the past 12 months prior to application
- Will receive or have received a degree in any major including general studies
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have applied to one of the four Connecticut State Universities (Eastern, Western, Southern, Central) or Charter Oak State College
- Be a resident of the State of Connecticut at time of application and at time of award
- Complete the application (download here) including an essay and your transcript, both of which are detailed on the application, and submit no later than 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 12, 2021.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.