High School Partnership
High School Partnership Scholarship Program
We are excited to offer eligible students an early college experience through taking college-level courses on our campus via the High School Partnership (HSP) scholarship program. This program is available to high school juniors and seniors who wish to
- study subjects not offered in high school,
- broaden their education, earn college credits,
- explore career options or build on their skills.
Students selected to participate in the HSP program will be funded for one college course for the Spring and/or Fall semester on a space available basis. Special fees, such as course lab fees and art studio fees, books/supplies, and transportation are the students’ responsibility.
- High school juniors and seniors attending schools participating in the High School Partnership Scholarship Program are required to submit a special application and recommendation from their high school counselor available at their guidance office.
- Students are required to take a Placement Test in order to demonstrate their ability to succeed in a college level course. Course selections are determined by placement test scores, SAT or ACT test scores (if available), and current high school transcripts.
Students who have taken the SAT within the past 5 years may be waived from the English portion of the Accuplacer placement test if the following test scores are met:
Test date prior to March 2016:
SAT Critical Reading OR SAT Writing : 450 or higher
Test date March 2016 or later:
SAT Reading: 25 or higher
SAT Writing & Language: 26 or higher
Note: If you are a new first-time college student and your SAT score meets the English placement test waiver, you will need to schedule the “math only” portion of the test.
- Students must submit a current high school transcript; an overall 2.7 (80%) GPA (B- grade) or higher is required to receive a HSP Scholarship.
- The student must register on or after the designated High School Partnership date.
- Students are eligible for only one course per semester.
- Scholarships cover the cost of tuition, college service fee and student activity fee only. Special fees, such as course lab fee and art studio fee, book/supplies and transportation are the student’s responsibility.
Continuing Applicant Requirements
Students must reapply to the program each semester they wish to participate. Continuing students, those who have previously participated in the HSP program, must submit a HSP Continuing Application, a Recommendation Form and a current high school transcript. Students must have received a grade of “C” or higher in all Three Rivers courses to continue in the program.
To reapply, download the Continuing Student HSP Application Packet.
Popular courses that HSP students enroll in:
PSY* K111 – General Psychology I
3 Credit Hours
Corequisite: ENG* K101 or ENG* K101S placement or completion of ENG* K096 with a “C#” grade or better.
This introductory course provides an overview of the theories and research findings pertaining to scientific psychology with an emphasis on: the origins of psychology, nature and nuture, human diversity, theoretical models, research methodology, biological bases of thought and behavior, learning theory, sensation and perception, memory, stress and health as well as emotion and motivation.
SPA* K111 – Elementary Spanish I
4 Credit Hours
Prerequisite: ENG* K101 or ENG* K101S placement or completion of ENG* K096 with a “C” grade or better.
This course introduces the basic principles of the Spanish language and provides a cultural understanding of the Hispanic world. The emphasis of the course is on developing and applying the basic skills of language learning: listening, speaking, writing and reading, through classroom activities. Language laboratory is available.