Dominion Nuclear SCHOLARSHIPS
Dominion Nuclear Connecticut Millstone Power Station
Engineering Technology Scholarships
Dominion Nuclear Connecticut supports promising candidates for the Nuclear Engineering Technology program at Three Rivers Community College with up to sixteen two-year scholarship awards, each of which includes:
- Tuition and fees
- TI 89 Graphing Calculator
- Monthly stipend
- 12-week paid summer internship (see Other Benefits for more details)
- Free student membership in three professional societies
To be accepted into the Nuclear Engineering Technology degree program, students must meet the following admission requirements:
- Graduation from high school or a vocational-technical school. A State or Federal equivalency diploma is acceptable.
- Two units in mathematics (one in algebra and one in geometry, or two in algebra).
- One unit in physical science with a laboratory (preferably chemistry or physics).
- Four units of English. Completion of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) is preferred, but not required.
Factors considered include:
- High School grade point average (especially in science and math courses) and class rank, as well as any post-secondary academic work.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores, especially mathematics.
- Demonstrated skills, aptitudes or experience.
- Extracurricular activities.
- Written essay.
- Personal interview.
In order to augment the classroom aspects with “real world” experience, Millstone Power Station provides 12-week summer employment opportunities for its scholarship students between the first and second year of their degree programs. This gives them the opportunity to see nuclear utility operations first hand and develop significant practical work experience.
Students have had summer positions in areas such as operations, engineering, maintenance, instrumentation and controls, health physics, chemistry, quality assurance, emergency planning and other related disciplines. They earn approximately $680 per week (or higher with related job experience).
How to apply
To apply, download the Engineering Technology Scholarship Application and follow the instructions. Scholarship application deadline is February 15.